- Become a Friend of Neighborhood Ventures
In an average lifetime a person walks about sixty-five thousand miles. That’s two and a half times around the world. I wonder where your steps will take you. I wonder how you’ll use the rest of the miles you’re given. - Fred Rogers
Fred Rogers was a wise man. He knew that if we would only think of ourselves as “neighbors” and take small steps to improve the world out our back door, all our steps would add up to better communities and to a better world. That’s what the Neighborhood Ventures' 100 Friends Campaign is about. We hope to get a lot of people to take a small step toward improving the landscape of our neighborhood urban business districts by making a gift to Neighborhood Ventures.
If you are interested in becoming a Founding Friend to host a mini-fundraiser of your style, contact Mark Lewis at 301-3929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community benefits realized by supporting Neighborhood Ventures are:
- Cleaner, safer, more attractive neighborhood business districts through our Face Forward Facade Improvement Grants and establishing BIDs and CIDs
- Better educated and capitalized neighborhood businesses through our Business Training Partnerships and Neighborhood Micro-Loan Partner Program
- More businesses offering added jobs, goods, and services for Grand Rapids’ residents and visitors through our ReStore Grand Rapids business recruitment efforts
- Improved quality of life and quality of place in Grand Rapids’ neighborhoods through Neighborhood Ventures’ community partnerships and facilitation of stakeholder action groups, such as the Southtown Alliance and Uptown Forward Team.
We would like to extend a large thank you to everyone who has ever given to help Bolster Businesses and Create Communities, especially the following people and organizations.
Art of the Table
Chemical Bank West
City of Grand Rapids Community Development Block Grant with East Hills Council of Neighbors
City of Grand Rapids Community Development Block Grant with Lighthouse Communities
City of Grand Rapids Neighborhood Business Improvement Fund
Fifth Third Bank
Founders Bank and Trust
Grand Rapids Community Foundation
Israel's Designs for Living
Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Mika, Meyer, Beckett & Jones
Neighborhood Business Alliance
Non-Profit Technical Assistance Grant, Dorothy Johnson Center for Philanthropy
The Peter Secchia Family
Waters Realty & Development